Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Here's a challenge for you to do while you're waiting for University. You can use whatever rules you want, but here is what worked for my daughter and I. It'll be in 2 posts since all of it can't fit on one. If there's another challenge like it, I apologize, but I haven't seen any.
The Bachelor/Bachelorette Challenge otherwise known as "Find a Love for Lonely Sim".
(Based on our American TV Reality Show "The Bachelor/Bachelorette".
1. Create your Bachelor/Bachelorette. Then add seven other sims of the opposite sex for your lonely Sim, or if you're feeling adventurous you could make it a gay thing, but then you might forget who your lonely Sim is because they all look alike after a while.
2. Motherlode your Sims $200,000 if you have a house, and $300,000 if you have to build one from scratch. Furnish your Sims' house. Make sure you have two hot tubs, and 5 chess tables. A Buffet table helps, a big screen TV, at least 3 toilets and 3 showers. Make sure you put your hot tubs on the second floor. Put your single Sims in an area that is apart from your lonely Sim.
3. THE STIPULATIONS/RULES....
---You cannot make your lonely or single Sims flirt, talk, entertain, kiss, make out woohoo, or any social interactions whatsoever with each other unless specified in one of the daily challenges or "dates". They must make friends naturally by just 'hanging out' together.
---Every day at 12:00 pm you will put your game on pause and check to see who your lonely Sim is interested in most by adding both friendship scores together, top and bottom. The single Sim who has the lowest score, is the least compatable and must move out of the house. If by chance there is a tie, check your single Sims' score and whoever likes lonely Sim best stays in the house. You do this over 7 days and your lonely Sim will hopefully not be lonely anymore.
---You win the game if your lonely sim and a single sim will Woo Hoo on the last day. You can move them out and they keep all the money. If not, they go on their merry way alone.
**Just added-Here are a couple more tips/suggestions. You may want to put in a bar. Since almost every time the "crowd" enters a lot on a "What's this" for something stupid. First it was a bookcase, then it was a pillar way in the back of the lot. A champange bottle or bar seems to let them congregate at the same place. Also, the hot tub is about 3 Sim hours. Until they all get hungry, then open the buffet. They'll get out fast enough.
DAY BY DAY:
Day 1... Meet and Greet. Let your sims do what they want, and talk to who they want.
Day 2...At 12 noon, the first single sim must move out. (This is the Sim with the lowest score on Lonely Sim's compatability bar. Add the top and bottom numbers together and the Sim who is least liked by Lonely Sim moves out. Now you have 6 single Sims and your Lonely Sim.
...Group Dates in the hot tub. Put Lonely Sim in a hot tub. (Randomly click on your single Sims as quickly as possible and direct them to go into the hot tub with Lonely Sim. Let them fight for the stairs. The first three sims who get there first can have their group date with your lonely Sim) Put the other 3 Sims in the other hot tub.
...After hot tubbing, it's time for the 1 on 1 dates. Have Lonely Sim do 1 single "chat" with each single Sim.
Day 3...Before 12:00, have Lonely Sim do 1 flirt with each of your single sims.
...12:00 pm Move out time. Check your scores and lowest moves out. Now you are down to 5 single Sims and your lonely Sim.
...Group Dates in the hot tub as before.
...1 on 1 dates have each of your single sims sit at a chess table and have Lonely Sim join each of them for a Sim half hour to an hour each. (You need to gauge this yourself, as some Sims tire out more than others and you need to get 5 chess sessions in that day.)
Day 4...Before 12 noon, have Lonely Sim do 2 flirts with each of your single sims.
...12:00 Move out time. Check the scores. Now you have 4 single Sims.
...Group Date in the hot tub. 1 Sim will be left out.
...1 on 1 dates have Lonely Sim do 1 "share interests" with each of your single sims.
Day 5...Before 12:00, have Lonely Sim do 3 flirts with each of your 4 remaining single sims.
...12 noon-Move out time.
...Group Date in the Hot tub. Since you now have 3 single Sims remaining, all get to share the tub with Lonely Sim.
...1 on 1 date- Have your lonely Sim do 1 kiss "romantic" with each of your single sims.
Day 6...Before 12:00, have your lonley sim do 3 flirts with each of your single sims.
...12:00 Move out time. Now you are down to 2 single Sims.
...Last Group Date in Hot Tub
...1 on 1 date- Have Lonely Sim do 1 "make out" with your two remaining single sims.
Day 7...Before 12:00, have Lonely Sim do 3 flirts with both of your remaining sims.
...12:00 move out time.
....Champagne Ceremony (Break out the champage and toast each other, better yet, see who toasts who.
....At last! Woo Hoo with the last Sim and hopfully your 2 Sims will no longer be single and lonely.
BE HEEDFUL.....This is not all together easy... Make sure when flirting that your other Sims are preoccupied with something else or there could be trouble in paradise. Another tip. Try and have your Sims eat their meals together. Open your buffet table and they will more than likely sit down and eat together. (Don't use a stove and fridge as they will all spend their time in the kitchen cooking single meals.) This gives the Sims more time to gain friendship so there may be bonds between your Singles and you can move them in together later as roommates and add them to your neighborhood.
Playing in Windowed Mode
Saturday, March 17, 2007
What is Life Stories?
- stand-alone version of The Sims 2.
- There are two guided stories in the game and a free-play area where pretty much anything goes! You have to play part of the first story (Riley’s story) to unlock the second story (Vincent’s).
- PrincessRozeeS wrote on the BBS “Without giving anything away, you basically follow their stories and fulfil their goals. The story is devised to go a certain way and you follow it. You get rewards of items along the way. It's a nice little game to wile away a few hours. This is not to say it will take two hours to play. If you play this game as intended, following the goals, fulfilling Wants and achieving a lifetime aspiration, this game will probably take a couple of days to complete both the Stories of Riley and Vince, and that's for those of us familiar with the Sims. I suspect this has been aimed at new people to the Sims or those who want to play the Sims on their laptops. That is not to say that experienced Simmer will not enjoy this game. I loved it! It was nice to get back to basics. No worry about sending Teens off to college or any of the other things that come with all the expansions. It's a nice game to play and chill! I think it has the right combination of interactions and items.”
Let’s talk about what it’s not and the myths that are floating around the BBS.
I have a list posted on my website as well as on my myspace blog that detail some of the very common myths on the BBS about Life Stories.
(read list with less snarky tone)
How is it Different?
- There are quite a few differences between Life Stories and TS2.
- AspiredSim wrote on the BBS “The Sim's Life Story was brought to life with all new characters. Even though there is a similarity to the Sims 2. It does not have every thing like the Sims 2. The Sims didn't have all those added extra's except the built in camera and then again you couldn't download CC into the game because it wasn't created that way until fans asked for more in the game because no one wanted a little bit of this and that. They wanted more thus we got it with the Sims 2. What I have noticed if I were to truly compare the two would be this. It does include the base of the Sim's 2 built with less weight to carry which enables the game to work much more faster on a lower system that has a much lower processor which does handle it quite beautifully I may add. It doesn't have body shop, a camera or even movie maker. Family Size is much smaller too and you can't have big families. Think of it this way it's much easier to handle four sims at once then eight. Also you can spend more quality time with them in a smaller group and that is less Sims to fight over one bathroom. Just imagine eight Sims trying to get into one bathroom and that's not even counting the outsiders that come to visit when you first move in. “
- Aspiration rewards do not require a sim to be above gold to use them. In other words there are no consequences to them.
- You get 40grand to start rather than 20grand
- Hot keys…wonderful precious hot keys. Greet your guests with one button press. Clean the nearest dirty object with the press of a C key. Make them fill their hunger with the H. (get list from box)
What is the Same?
- Stories is built using The Sims 2 so obviously it looks like the Sims 2 and acts like The Sims 2. Even the tutorials are the same in both games.
- There are the same aspirations as in the base game.
- the same values on the wants. For example, earn 100K is still worth 30,000 aspiration points.
Game play tips
- some of the main areas people get stuck on are: (get file from group)
I know of two specifically.
Clarity251978 - closertofree.blogspot.com
Karin - karintempelaar.nl/sims
- there currently isn’t a BBS for Sims Life Stories. The main site thesimstories.ea.com just says that the community is coming soon. As a result, I’ve started a ygroup dedicated to the Stories line of games…not just Life Stories but the upcoming Pets and Castaway games as well. People are welcome to join SimsStoriesStuff on yahoo. It’s a publicly listed group so if you search yahoo groups for Sims Life Stories or Sims Stories, it’ll come up. We’re listed just below the group that has taken the objects from Life Stories and made them available for TS2.
Sims Pet Stories coming out at the end of June/beginning of July
Sims Castaway Stories coming out sometime in the winter.