“Shipwrecked” Mini Challenge by Heaven
Find the Challenge Discussion Here
( This challenge is based on Scouts Asylum Challenge - http://simscout.blogsome.com/mini-challenge-asylum/ )
Six Sims have been shipwrecked on a deserted island, almost everything they had with them has been lost. However by using their wits they will be able to get off the Island….eventually.
No two Sims share the same aspiration. The boat trip was a celebration of diversity and each of the Sims was from a different aspirational walk of life.
Each Sim must max out a skill in order for them to get off the island. With your Six Sims that is one skill each, but if a sim dies, then another sim has to take over and complete the deceased Sim’s skill.
Create a group of 6 adult Sims.
Using this chart and a die, assign each sim an aspiration. (No two Sims may share the same aspiration, so keep rolling until all aspirations are assigned.
NB: If you don’t have NL, just double up on one of the aspirations. Make 5 "Roll again"
1 – Knowledge
2 – Fortune
3 – Romance
4 – Popularity
5 – Pleasure
6 – Family
Using this chart and a die, assign a skill to each sim. (Again no two Sims may share the same skill, so keep rolling till all skills have been assigned.)
1 – Cooking
2 – Mechanical
3 – Body
4 – Logic
5 – Creativity
6 – Cleaning
Use the method from the Prosperity Challenge to randomly assign the personalities to each of your Sims (You may end up with two or more of the same personality).
Roll the die once to choose the set of astrological signs and a second time to choose the sign from that set. Keep the personality traits as the default for the sign.
Odd (1,3,5) = Set 1
Even (2,4,6) = Set 2
1 = Aries
2 = Taurus
3 = Gemini
4 = Cancer
5 = Leo
6 = Virgo
1 = Libra
2 = Scorpio
3 = Sagittarius
4 = Capricorn
5 = Aquarius
6 = Pisces
Choose all other aspects of their personality and appearance as you want. You may random it, if you want.
• No sim may never leave the Island to go to work.
• You may never have other Sims visit.
• You must ignore the welcoming party that comes to great your Sims when you first move
• You must ignore the postman and the newspaper deliverer. (You may pay the bills
however and recycle the newspapers, or find a hack to get rid of them)
• You may not sell anything your Sims create (paintings, etc)
• No maid, no gardener, no repair person, no exterminator or delivery person may come on
to your lot.
• If anyone dies, you must leave their tombstone on the lot and allow the ghost to roam
• You may not order pizza or Chinese or groceries
• You will have to use money cheats to make it through the challenge. (Seeing as none of
your Sims may go to work).
• If a baby is born on the Island, you may use Smart Milk. The child will be allowed to
attend school (not private school), however if he/she brings a friend home from school,
an adult sim must ask them to leave immediately. If the child reaches adulthood, then
they may take over a deceased Sims skill. (If there is one, otherwise you may move them
• You may only use Smart Milk and Elixir of Life from your Sims Aspiration Rewards. No
other rewards may be used.
• You may only use the following hacks: Money cheats and moveobjects. You may not
use any hacks that will stop aging, increase motives, etc.
• You must adjust your seasons so there is no Autumn/Fall, however you may have the rest of the seasons in which ever combination suits your theme best.
• Build cabins etc. to keep them out of the weather and to avoid the dangers of heat exhaustion. Awnings are purely decorative and are of no use in this situation.
• Plantsims and werewolves have to remain in their unaltered form.
• Most Custom content is allowed as long as it conforms to all other rules.
• Due to having lost everything to the wild sea, the only items your Sims have for use is:
• One book, (to get only one book, get a sim to take a book from the bookcase, then
delete the bookcase while the sim has the book)
• One telescope,
• One easel,
• One swimming pool
• One barbeque grill, and
• One chess board.
• To restock your fridge either sell your old one and buy a new one, or download
harvestable plants from modthesims2.com
• You may not have a Phone nor a cell phone.
• You may have a Security Alarm, however if burgled you may not interact with either the
burglar or the police officer. (If your Sims really were on an Island there would be no
burglars or police)
• You may not have a Fire Alarm – however you may use the fire sprinkler.
• You may not have electronics – except for the cheapest maxis radio, a fridge, the
barbeque grill and some lights. (Try to use ones that look like candles or torches)
• There can be no entertainment items on the island – no mp3 player, no computer, no
handheld games, no video games, no pool table – with the exception of the chess board,
radio and dart board.
• You may not have a spa (including the reward love tub), and may only have the
cheapest bath. (No showers allowed)
• Only use the cheapest toilet – There are also some CC toilets around that look like buckets.
• You may buy as many beds, chairs and recliners as you like – however none of them
should be over a 5 in energy or comfort.
• You can also plant vegetables & fruit trees for harvesting - try to use the ladybird houses rather than spraying them though.
• Before placing any object not listed here on the Island, think to yourself whether you
would find it on an Island in real life or whether it could be made on the Island (and we’re
not talking “Lost” here either). Think more like Gilligan’s Island.
Try and make the lot as much like an Island as possible. There are some great tutorials out there to make swimmable lakes (use this as your swimming pool). Let your imagination run wild. It might be an Island in the arctic, with snow cover and an igloo, or maybe a tropical Island with palm trees and bamboo houses.
Once your Sims manage to complete their skills and get off the island, calculate your score.
Begin with 100 points then:
Adding it on:
• each skill point your living castaways have at the end = + 1 point
• each 1000 aspiration points your living fellow castaways have at the end (add them all
together and then round up) = + 1 point
Taking it off:
• Every sim day that you remained castaway = - 1 point (A day starts at 8am – the week
starts on a Monday. IE: Your Sims will arrive on the Island at 8am Monday. When 8am
Tuesday comes around they will have been on the Island for 1 day)
• each castaways death (including old age) = - 20 points
Sims 3 Press Release