Link to Sims Community Thread
Bored with the legacy challenge? Ready for something REALLY difficult? THE POVERTY CHALLENGE!
this is not a beauty contest
STEP ONE: Create a CAS Sim to be the founder of your impoverished family.
STEP TWO: Move the sim onto the largest (5 X 5) lot. Spend all of your money on groundcovers/terrain smoothing until you only have 100 simoleans left. Nightlife users should use the familyFunds cheat to reduce the net worth to 15,300 from the get-go.
STEP THREE: Check- are you down to 100 smackers? Okay. The true poverty challenge begins here: survive and thrive as best you can. The challenge ends when the youngest grandchild of your first (CAS) sim dies of old age.
+Each simolean (of the family net worth) is worth one point in this challenge.
+Each child is worth 3,000 points (provided you raise them to teenagers).
-5,000 for each child taken by the social worker
-3,000 for accidental deaths (by fire, etc.)
-2,000 for each teen runaway
-1,000 for each promotion, including chance card promotion
1. NO REWARD OBJECTS
2. NO PRIVATE SCHOOL
3. Your original (CAS) founder Sim may work ENTRY LEVEL JOBS ONLY.
4. Other sims MUST START AT THE BOTTOM of the career ladder. You will lose points with each promotion, so think carefully about your strategy, and whether you want them to be promoted or not.
5. All children must have the money aspiration. Grandkids can be anything.
6. NO UNIVERSITY- you are poor, remember?
7. NO ADOPTION- you are poor, remember?
8. NO REWARD OBJECTS (We mean it!)
9. Only NPCs or service sims may join the family. Nightlife users may not ask them how much money they have.
10. Sims may only visit approved "Poverty Legal" community lots, NO OTHER COMMUNITY LOTS allowed! Here is the first:
NEW! SHINY! NO EP!
11. Hacks and custom content are allowed, but not if they are against the spirit of the challenge. Any custom careers must be BALANCED (eg. travel is okay, and OTR sales is okay because of the insane hours; richest sim and stay-at-home careers are not).
12. The poverty challenge stays on the poverty lot- if a sim moves out, they are no longer considered part of the challenge. This means a sim may not receive an inheritance, or any money or gifts/inventory items, from off-lot sims. See posts below for ways to get rid rid of inheritance money.
13. Teens may move out with an adult, but not alone. Kids and younger may not be moved out, period. Otherwise you will lose the 3,000 child points from raising them.
14.Nightlife dating objects must be kept in the inventory- not used or sold.
15. Sims may not purchase real estate, or order/sell deeds with OFB.
16. Sims may not run a home business- unless it is the lemonade stand.
17. Poverty challenge sims may not be hired as employees by another business.
18. NO SNAPDRAGON and NO SERVO
19. Poverty Challenge families must be played using all four seasons. You may arrange the seasons in any order, and you may start in any season, but you MUST have a winter, spring, summer, and fall.
LONE TEENAGER: No points for this, since you have longer to find a mate. But it is difficult in its own way, and we will all admire your fortitude. Start the family with an adult, then kill them off, or use a hack to turn your CAS sim into a teen.
PREGNANT TEEN (+1500 points) Use the insiminator or other hack to start the challenge with a pregnant teen sim- but no points for the unborn child.
OLD MAID (+35000 points) Your sims do not marry/move in anyone, ever. All new family members must be born. You may have children out of wedlock.
So post pictures please! I am interested in seeing them!
And as a final caution, know what you are getting yourself into. Simmish life is rough: this challenge is not for those easily shaken by the sight of pixellated misery. Have fun!
Ghetto Superstar Challenge